Le Grand Syllabus 2017/2018
class discussion is mandatory. Some additional reading will be required. Course Description : This course aims to assist students in understanding how effective social media strategies work. Students will choose an integrated campaign and through a detailed critique of said strategy, create a case-study that evaluates its effectiveness, or how it might be improved. They may choose a campaign from a luxury company, a non-proﬁt organisation, a socio-political movement or a business start-up. Participants in the course will develop an interest in analysing an English-language communications strategy, the focus of which being congruent with previous / ongoing studies, and reﬁne their ability to communicate their ideas effectively using the English language. Required reading : Lynch, M. : Young Brothers in Cyberspace, Middle East Report, No. 245, 'The Politics of Youth' (Winter, 2007), pp. 26-33 ; Ogilvy, David : Ogilvy On Advertising, Prion, 2011, page selection to be advised ; Meerman Scott, D., The New Rules of Marketing & PR : How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly, (author published) 2013 ; Drezner D.W. and Farrell, H. : Blogs, Politics and Power : A Special Issue of Public Choice, ; Social Media Marketing Guide, WOMMA, 2012.
presenting, so they should expect to spend 2-5 hours outside of class per week preparing for the course. Pedagogical Method : The course will be taught as an advanced seminar, which means that lectures will be supplemented with opportunities for students to engage the material more thoroughly and with in-class discussions. Additionally, there will be a number of invited specialist who use each of the methods most relevant to marketers. Course Description : In the past few decades there have been fascinating advances connecting our brains and our behaviors, discoveries that include identifying the role of hormones in regulating emotions and explaining how neurotransmitters modulate behavior, and many of these insights are being appropriated by cutting edge marketers. But the popularization of this science has also generated many myths (“we only use 10% of our brains”), and marketing and research have unfortunately absorbed these as well. The purpose of this course is to introduce students to the most compelling, relevant discoveries in neuroscience while soberly analyzing the claims of neuromarketers. A number of well regarded specialists in diverse neuroscientiﬁc methods will present overviews of their tools to the course. Required reading : Weekly readings will include both general introductions to neuroscience and applications by marketers. Most texts will be drawn from the sources below. The ﬁrst is a general introduction, the second is a special issue of JMR related to neuromarketing. Note : the entire issue of JMR is relevant, not just the introduction by Camerer ; Ramsøy, T. Z. (2014). Introduction to Neuromarketing & Consumer Neuroscience (1 edition). Neurons Inc ApS ; Camerer, C., & Yoon, C. (2015). Introduction to the Journal of Marketing Research Special Issue on Neuroscience and Marketing. Journal of Marketing Research, 52(4), 423–426.
NEUROSCIENCE AND THE NEW MARKETING FRONTIERS
Semester : Spring Number of hours : 12 Language of tuition : English
Teachers : Darren Paul FREY (Consultant). Prerequisite : English, Level 4. This course assumes no background in science. Pedagogical Format : Elective Course validation : A structured, in-class individual assignment constitutes 60% of the grade ; the remaining 40% of the grade is class-participation, including occasional quizzes. Workload : Students will be expected to read each week's articles and to formulate articulate comments and criticisms each week, even when not 1564
NEUTRALITÉ DE L'INTERNET : PRINCIPES ET CAS PRATIQUES À TRAVERS LE MONDE
Semestre : Automne Nombre d'heures : 8 Langue d'enseignement : français
Ouvert au programme d'échange