According to the ACOC (AC Owners Club), the car presented left the factory in 1933 as an indoor driving sedan called « Sportsman Saloon ». Its first owner H.M Manuel sells it before 1939 to Mr. F.L Bramal, according to the club's archives. Its history is blurred until 1966 when she reappeared in the archives. At that time, the car belongs to Mr. A. Bellfield from Derby and is in very poor condition. He began a serious restoration and adapte his current body. In 1978, it changed hands for the benefit of Mr. Leslie Brind from Chesterfield, restoration is not yet
complete. In 1989, with restoration still underway, it became the property of Mr. Barry Wragg from Sheffield. In 1993, the body and mechanical restoration is complete, it is now owned by Mr. John Barker from Nantwich. In 1994, its owner is Mr. James McGregor in Scotland through the seller Spining Wheel. In 1997, its owner Mr. Dietrich Merkel is German. The ACOC lose track until 2007, when it is registered in Spain for the trading company Vintage Cars SL in Madrid. In 2011 FFVE publishes a certificate for its registration in French collection. It carries the "Grand Prix de Pau
History" in 2012. In May 2015, she participated in the "Vintage Revival Montlhéry." Like most 16/56, the engine is equipped with three-carburetors originally fitted to more powerful versions, the 16/66-instead of single carburetor and from the power of 56 hp to about 65hp. This AC 16/56 is a beautiful roadster in good presentation and operation. Rare on the market, it will not fail to turn attention to its passage, the snapping sound of his 6-cylinder awakens the senses.
Dimanche 6 novembre 2016 / 29